Wednesday, April 12, 2006




Agonies of an Offshore guy



here i am in Bangalore doing server administration offshore
Waiting for the good old work request tracker to open..
i am still loosing sleep over usage of memory, cpu's and hard disks
as our good old sitescope never stops alert sending
Everyday we get new deployments for the stupid A-Day
have to come and work even on weekends and holidays
the comp offs keep on mounting, shucks now i have lost all the counting
these RFWs (Request For work)irritates me now, c'mon guys at least format it properly somehow
HpInsight and Sitescope are my best pals, at least they send me alerts before Motu could scan
everyday the onsite guy starts with a salaam on sametime....
keeps slamming his work on my head and keeps saying aisi taisi..
i am fed up with the Change control and work request trackers..
loosing my gf was easy but opening them on network is a cracker..
every morning monitoring of all the servers sucks...
it's as if you are playing a roulette and every server that's up is your luck
everyday there is some server down or a missing mount...
seems like a conspiracy of some higher count...
i wonder how onsite will be like
will it be able to give me any respite....
will I scream and shout like my onsite counterpart..
and will I still end up writing useless lines like this
where have the days of great troubleshooting and implementation gone...
oh sh*t I forgot i really got to go
there are some RFWs waiting for me to explore and tracker entries to be made...
I will write some more lines during my next agonizing wait...

2 comments:

R Girls said...

would have been of a little use if you had put it in the intranet of your client :-))

Wanderlust said...

cool post man !!!
I know exactly how it feels ....