Friday, August 17, 2007

Bookers Samaroh....

So the list of this years Bookers Prize contenders is out.....and not only have I not read any of these books I don't even know the names of the authors in the list (Except I read something about Nikita Lalwani in TOI...gosh I must be living in stone age). Though some of them are renowned authors (Googling showed me) I have not read any of there works but plan to change that soon.

Since I have not read any of these guys (and I hang my head in Shame!!!) I will just support Gifted by Nikita Lalwani.....Go lady go...and yeah I remember what was written about her..."She wants to be called Indian British instead of a British Indian"..........Chakk De India....

Here's the longlist

* Darkmans by Nicola Barker (4th Estate)
* Self Help by Edward Docx (Picador)
* The Gift Of Rain by Tan Twan Eng (Myrmidon)
* The Gathering by Anne Enright (Jonathan Cape)
* The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid (Hamish Hamilton)
* The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies (Sceptre)
* Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones (John Murray)
* Gifted by Nikita Lalwani (Viking)
* On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan (Jonathan Cape)
* What Was Lost by Catherine O’Flynn (Tindal Street)
* Consolation by Michael Redhill (William Heinemann)
* Animal’s People by Indra Sinha (Simon & Schuster)
* Winnie & Wolf by A.N.Wilson (Hutchinson)

No comments: